Monday, May 23, 2011

Smart phones :)

I have to say that my favorite innovation ever was my cell phone.  I don't know what I would do without my phone.  It is practically attached to my hands all the time, and I use it for everything.  It's not necessarily the highest level smart phone, but it is something that's come a long way from the beginning of cell phones.  Now, the world is recognizing Japan as a leader in smart phones.  Despite the leaps made by the Apple company, Japan's phones are being regarded as the leaders in development.  The supposed key to Japan's success is its development in isolation.  This has allowed the economy to thrive for years.  However, the globalizing world is jeopardizing this development.  The Apple company is growing, creating a threat for Japanese technology.  Japanese society is opting for the less expensive and highly popular Apple products.  The most popular area for this shift is in the business society, making certain that the technology will be compatible with that of the rest of the world.  It's really interesting to see how much of an impact globalization actually has on the global economy.

Information from: http://www.pbs.org/nbr/site/onair/transcripts/japan_cellphone_innovations_100518/

No comments:

Post a Comment