Saturday, October 16, 2010

Senior Projectttt

So some of you may be wondering what senior project is. In my school, all students must complete something called "Service Learning" from 6th to 11th grade.  In senior year, though, things change a little.  All seniors must complete a community service project that focuses on an issue in the world and does something to better it.  Many students do walk-a-thons, concerts, seminars, and other events like those.  I wanted to do something a little different.  Originally, I wanted to build a playground at my school, but I couldn't think up a good reason behind that one except my constant wish to go outside in the middle of class.  My teacher made a blog and one day during class she announced that it would be a great idea to use as a senior project.  I jumped right on thta, and I knewimmediately what I wanted to do it on.

A senior project needs to reach out to the community, which I'm doing by donating all the advertising proceeds to Team Paragon robotics for their build and competition season.  It also needs to meet a certain  number of our "Expectations for Student Learning".  I'm doing this by advertising, writing, and I will even have some French posts!  :)    We have to write a research paper and journal entries, which go hand-in-hand with this project.  My posts are really the journal entries of my project, so that part is taken care of.  As for the research paper, my larger question is "What is America's status in the global technological race and how can the youth be properly prepared to excell in the future?"  All of the different aspects of my blog willl help me in finding the answer to this question.

So that's the dreaded senior project in a nutshell.  It is often the determining factor in a student's graduation, so I'm lucky to have found one that I know I can complete.  If you have any questions feel free to comment.  I'd love to answer!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Devin, You seem like a really cool person. I wish I went to a school like yours where we could do something like this. Ohh wait I do:) You're off to a really good start I hope I can live up to this expectation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you will do a wonderful job paigey :)

    ReplyDelete