Sunday, October 31, 2010

Journals :(

So we have to do journal entries for our senior project.  Like a lot of them.  Luckily, my blog posts pretty much cover that area.  I'm writing my research paper this week, so things are pretty crazy.  Here are a few of my journals that I wrote for the senior project class.

9/1/10:
                Today was the first day of the senior project class.  I sat and listened, and understood that it will be as bad as everyone says.  Despite this, I’m psyched!  I really cannot wait until I can get started on my project.  I already have articles prepared for my blog.  I spent a lot of time researching things that interested me, and got a lot of information on new technologies.  I’m not really sure how it’s going to work, but I know that it will turn out well.  I’m very passionate about robotics, so this is definitely going to be a blast.  I’m glad that I’m planning on working alone.  I’ve heard so many horror stories about one person not pulling his or her own weight.  I don’t work well with people who don’t hold their own.  It is much too frustrating.  This class seems like it has a lot to offer, though.  I will definitely make sure to stay on top of my work.  A lot of people have described this time as homework time, but I will be sure to actually work on my project while in there.  It is a valuable block that will allow me to finish my project in plenty of time.  In reality, I shouldn’t have to do much at home.  For that, I am very grateful.  I have high hopes for this project, and I definitely think it will be successful.
9/17/10:
Last night I finally made my blog.  After much anticipation, this was a load off my chest.  I started by making myself a new email, something I desperately needed to do.  Then I signed up for blogger.  This was a much shorter process than I expected, so it went pretty quick.  Then reality hit.  I have a blog, and I have to keep up with it every week.  It was a little nerve-racking I’ve got to say.  The worst part was probably choosing a name and a web address.  I was so scared that I would pick the wrong thing, or something that just didn’t make sense.  I changed my mind probably 30 times and finally decided on Senior Project- Technological innovation.  I chose the URL as www.robotlifesp.blogspot.com, and I think this is fitting.  In hindsight, I may not have used this exact wording, but I think it does the job.  As far as entries go, I wrote an introduction about myself.  I thought it was important to explain why I was doing the project, as well as give a little bit of insight into who I am.  I don’t have any followers yet, but I’m hoping to get some soon.  I put my link up on facebook in hopes of getting the word out.  As soon as I put in some research-based entries, I will be sure to advertise it elsewhere.  I’m very excited to get started on this.  I still have to familiarize myself with the layout and whatnot, but I’m not too worried about it.  This blog is the perfect senior project tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment