Thursday, September 16, 2010

What to say...

This blog is pretty much going to be about the things that I love.  I am a senior and my school requires that every student completes a senior project.  For this project students need to do research as well as community outreach.  This blog will require both.  I will have many research-based entries, but I will also talk about my personal team (especially around build season).

I have been part of FIRST robotics for four years now, and I've loved every second of it.  It has shaped me into who I am today, and I've been blessed with such a fantastic experience.  I was treasurer of my team in my sophomore year, as well as safety captain.  In my junior year I became co-captain, as well as co-spirit captain.  This year I'm doing a little less, as I am just spirit captain.  I love to be part of all aspects of the team, so I think all of those positions have been fitting.

Contrary to common belief, there is more to me than just robotics.  I love to hang out with friends and I am part of my school's SASS club (Student Abolitionists Stopping Slavery).  As any FIRSTer will know, however, robotics takes up a ton of time.  Luckily for me, I love it, and wouldn't trade it for the world.

So that's pretty much me!  Please follow, as I will post something new every week!!  I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment